Saturday, October 10, 2009

RIP Quartet Bag

We carry our stands and music in a heavy, large, red bag with wheels. Because I have space in my garage and my trunk, I have lately been the designated bag handler. I always thought it was an awkward thing to haul around because it is difficult to lift into the car, and stairs are always an issue. Despite this, it was a loyal and helpful bag, and it had a beautiful life... until Meili's husband ran over it.

For the last few gigs, one wheel has been barely hanging on, but today, while we were dragging it up some stone steps, it gave up the ghost. We quickly passed through the five stages of grief.

Denial


Anger


Bargaining


Depression


Acceptance


Posted by Meili.

1 comment:

Cathy Christiansen said...

I love it (the post, not the loss of our bag). I carried that sucker out of the park and it reminded Michelle and I of our early quartet days when we had all the stands/music in a big yellow box with no wheels. Great workout, but not very practical.